Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A really sad day at work

Ok I just cant keep it in to myself, so I'm going to share. This morning at work a resident fell. I know that I cant be everywhere, but I just wish that I would have been just a little bit quicker getting to her before she fell over and broke her arm. 100 year old bones just don't heal very quickly, and I feel awful. And if that wasn't bad enough a super nice man (another resident) went into the doctor for a follow up appointment and they found cancer in his hip. It has already metastasized or spread guess and he starts treatment on Monday (hows that for a quick way to ruin his Thanksgiving) I guess that anyone who reads this knows that Cancer is one of the most terrifying thing in my world and I would never even wish it on my worst enemy, now one of my favorite residents has to fight it. I've been holding back tears for most of the afternoon because of it. Well thanks for letting me get it out and I'm sorry I'm being so whiney but I don't really know how else I can let my hurt out with out it hurting my work abilities. Thanks again and any prayers for my friends at work would be appreciated.

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Sure will be sending some prayers to both of you! You so that you can watch that again, and him so he can deal with it! Remember, I'm here if you need a shoulder, or chocolate!

Karen said...

You are such a loving person! It is good that you get to work there and take care of the people, even though it is sad, you still get to share your love, and they know it! Good luck and have a great Thanksgiving! I love you all.

Tonya said...

Hey, I like the new look!