Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Birthday

I guess I will just have to suck it up and admit that I'm getting old. Today I turned plenty-seven. my day started nicely with Paul calling me from Buffalo at 1:30 am to be the first person to wish me a happy birthday. Then I got up to go to work and got stuck in the driveway, I was really upset, and quite disconcerted because I didn't know who I could call to help me at 7:15 in the morning (Dustin was all ready working, Dad just had a heart attack, Jody's husband had surgery on his leg yesterday) and the neighbors just waved as they drove down the street. I finally called Jody and asked her if she would steer while I pushed. She came out to help and about 5 neighbors showed up and pushed me out. THANK YOU ALL!!!!!! when I finally got to work my day went better, My friend Julie made a special lunch, and Lindsay made a cake and all the residents helped me celebrate. After work Krystal brought me a yummy pumpkin desert, then I went to Tonyas and had a yummy dinner and she made a chocolate cake for desert (it was supposed to be a surprise, but her husband told) I guess that I'm pretty spoiled and am going to be on a sugar high for a week! Thank you everyone for making my birthday special!!! I Love You All!!!

3 comments:

Tonya said...

Thanks for coming over tonight! I don't know what we would do if you ever stop coming for New Year's Eve! I must say that that cake was DANG YUMMY and it was even better to be able to share it with another chocolate conissieur, no one else quite appreciates choccolate as much as you and I do!

I hope you had a Happy Birthday (aside from the rocky start this morning! Next time call at least twice!!!)

Love Ya!

the funny facers said...

Leslie you do so much for other people You deserved to have a good Birthday. Anytime you need a flock of neighbors let me know and I will come outside in my sexy leopard jammies (it worked today) I LOVE YOU

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! I hope it was as good as it sounds!(except for the stuck thing) You are NOT plenty old! You are just right and just the right age! You could be my age and then what?? Hav a great and wonderful new year! Love you!